From August 28th to September 1st, 2023, we hosted a training course at our Insect School in Horst, the Netherlands, where we welcomed a group of enthusiastic learners into the world of Black Soldier Fly farming. It was an amazing five-day adventure, filled with engaging lectures, hands-on activities, group work, and field trips.
This training, put together by the team at Insect Engineers, covered everything you need to know about BSF farming, from the biology of the larvae to the business aspects of the industry.
For only 3300 euro (normal price 3699 euros), our participants learned about:
- The biology of Black Soldier Fly larvae
- How to rear and process BSF
- How to control the climate for your flies
- Breeding systems and techniques
- Substrate preparation
- Using the ZOEM racks and ZOEM filler
- Tips for starting your own business
- Field trips to see how waste handling and meal/oil processing works
- Practical, Practical, Practical was our focus.
Our experts from the industry were there to guide them, and because we only took 3-6 participants per course, they got plenty of one-on-one time with them.
This unique course was coordinated by Qifa Yao, who manages our Insect School, and overseen by Bob Holtermans, the CEO of Insect Engineers.
We had a great time with our participants and we hope they enjoyed exploring the fascinating world of BSF farming with us.
If you missed this opportunity, don’t worry – we’ll be hosting more courses in the future. Just send an email to our coordinator at email@example.com to stay updated. We can’t wait to meet you and help you discover the potential of BSF farming!